Seeing the Signs
“If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people”
II Chronicles 7:13
Immediately after God told Solomon “I have heard your prayer, He gave Solomon warning signs to look for: If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people”, (II Chronicles 7:13). God was telling Solomon not to take His current approval of their worship of Him for granted. His warning was clear. Although His hand of blessing was upon them at this current time, there was no guarantee that the blessings would stay.
God’s blessings are conditional and come with very clear warnings of the consequences of not following His directions. God does not say “let’s make a deal”. Nor does He invite us to the negotiating table. He clearly states His will in His word and gives us the choice of whether or not we will choose to accept His deal on His terms.
Somewhere in the course of modern church history we have come to the conclusion that we can simply do things our way and expect God’s blessings. Unfortunately for those of that persuasion the consistency of God’s Word greatly contradicts this notion. Have we forgotten that “He is a rewarder of those who seek Him”, (Hebrews 11:6)? Paul said in Galatians 2:20, “I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.” Then he said in I Corinthians 15:31, “I die daily”. God’s heart is not for us to seek Him once and then forget about Him. His heart, and thus our heart, should be to seek the Lord daily.
Day 7 Prayer Guide
- Ask God to reveal any sin or mindset that would prevent Him from hearing your prayers.
- Repent of any such hindrance and ask for God’s forgiveness.
- Ask God to remove any doubts and keep you focused on Him.
- Seek the Holy Spirit to consume you during this time to lead you. Be obedient to Him.
- Spend some time praising God for the fact that He is able. Quote some scriptures or some of His characteristics to Him in praise.
- Ask God to reveal and convict the church of sin.
- Pray that the church would see sin as God sees it.
- Pray that the people of God will repent of sins and mindsets that dishonor and hinder Him.
- Pray that the people of God will see the spiritual drought and be burdened by it.
- Pray for the people of God that they would see the need for revival and begin to seek God for it.
- Pray that the people of God would have a desire and stand in anticipation for God to pour out the fires of revival upon churches and a great awakening in our land.
- Pray that God’s people will seek the heart of God and desire His will and not their own.
- Pray that the people of God will seek the presence of God in their lives and their churches life.
- Ask God to align His people and prepare them for a mighty revival and a great awakening.
- Pray that the people of God would hunger and thirst for Him and therefore, seek His face.
- Ask God to raise up a mighty army of prayer warriors.
- Pray that the people of God will stand in faith knowing God can reclaim this land.
- Pray specifically for revival in your church. Pray for your pastor and church leaders.
- Pray for a great awakening in your community. Name off streets and neighborhoods.
- Do not be judgmental in this, but pray that if there is any within the church who do not have a genuine relationship with Jesus that God would convict their heart and save them.
- Make a list of individuals who are not saved and begin petitioning God for their salvation.
- Pray for repentance of sin and a great awakening in our nation.