God’s Power is Unlimited
The simple fact is our finite minds are not capable of understanding the fullness of God’s power. God’s power is unlimited in every way. Jesus said in Matthew 19:26, “with people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Man cannot comprehend the fact that God is unlimited in His every way because we are limited in every way. I Corinthians 1:25 says, “the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.” Naturally, we know that God has no foolishness, nor is He weak in any way. What the Apostle Paul is telling us is although we think we are wise, our wisdom is foolishness compared to God. Although we think we are strong, our strength is nothing compared to God’s. He is unlimited in His every way.
Ephesians 3:20 says, “Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us.” The power that works in us is the power of the Holy Spirit that we receive upon entering into a relationship with Jesus by faith and faith alone. Although we are limited in our every way, we can choose to move ourselves out of the way. We start by recognizing we are not our own, we are God’s children, bought with the blood of Christ and called to serve Him. When we humble ourselves and pray and seek His face and turn from our wicked ways, we make ourselves available to the unlimited power of God that can achieve “far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think.” Again, we cannot even comprehend the unlimited power of Almighty God!
God gave the solid promise that when we align ourselves with requirements of II Chronicles 7:14 that He would “hear from heaven”. This means we have unhindered access by prayer to the throne of God. I John 5:14, 15 says, “This is the confidence which we have before Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.” Wow! What a promise from God’s own Word! If we ask anything according to His will, we can have confidence that He hears us and that we will have the request that was submitted unto Him.
“How then do we know that what we are asking is God’s will and not our own?” you may ask. Again, we know we are asking God’s will when we are totally immersed in the center of God, filled with His Spirit, and seeking His ways and not our own. It is at this time when we are centered in Him and filled with His Spirit that our prayers are not our own will but His will. Centering ourselves in Christ removes our will, our heart, and our desires and replaces it with God’s will, God’s heart, and God’s desires. From here, we have confidence that He hears, us and we will have the request we have made unto Him.
As a child I grew up on U.S. Air Force missile bases. On those basses were heavily guarded nuclear warheads attached to missiles that were ready to launch at any moment upon the order of the President of the United States. In order to get even remotely close to these missiles would require high security clearances. Everyone knows of the great devastation that nuclear warheads are capable of. You wouldn’t want just anyone to have access to these highly dangerous missiles. Only through the order of the President can these missiles be launched. He and he alone has the authority. However, due to its devastating capabilities and the fact that it would most certainly impact innocent civilian life, the President would never give that order until he has been fully advised by his staff, all of his intelligence agencies, and the military. Only then would he determine that launching a nuclear missile is the right call and the last resort.
When we have direct access to heaven, we have access to a far more devastating force to the kingdom of Satan than any nuclear weapon could ever be. We have access to such a powerful force that strikes not only a far more devastation blow to the devil’s dominion than a nuclear bomb but also a perfectly precise blow where the innocent will not be harmed. As a matter of fact, when Satan’s kingdom is brought down, not only will the innocent be safe and secure, they will be blessed. II Corinthians 10:3-6 says, “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ, and we are ready to punish all disobedience, whenever your obedience is complete.” Unlike the weapons of the flesh, the divinely powerful weapons of God are unlimited in their power and capabilities. When we choose to push self to the side and operate in God’s power, we will take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ; and we will reclaim this land!
Day 39 Prayer Guide
- Ask God to reveal any sin or mindset that would prevent Him from hearing your prayers.
- Repent of any such hindrance and ask for God’s forgiveness.
- Ask God to remove any doubts and keep you focused on Him.
- Seek the Holy Spirit to consume you during this time to lead you. Be obedient to Him.
- Spend some time praising God for the fact that He is able. Quote some scriptures or some of His characteristics to Him in praise.
- Pray that the people of God will repent of sins and mindsets that dishonor and hinder Him.
- Pray that the people of God will live out the principles of II Chronicles 7:14
- Pray that the people of God’s faith will move them to works.
- Pray each section of II Chronicles 7:14 over yourself and your church.
- Ask God to hear our prayers, forgive our sins, and heal our land.
- Pray that the people of God will stand in faith knowing God can reclaim this land.
- Pray that our churches would be devoted to, and peruse the things that honor God.
- Pray that the people of God would see the need for revival and begin to seek God for it.
- Pray specifically for revival in your church. Pray for your pastor and church leaders.
- Pray that the people of God will be broken hearted over the lost.
- Pray that the church will be a gospel centered church with a heart to evangelize the world while starting in their own back yard.
- Pray that the power of God would fall on the church moving them to prayer and sowing the gospel seed.
- Pray for a great awakening in your community. Name off streets and neighborhoods.
- Do not be judgmental in this, but pray that if there is any within the church who do not have a genuine relationship with Jesus that God would convict their heart and save them.
- Make a list of individuals who are not saved and begin petitioning God for their salvation.
- Pray for repentance of sin and a great awakening in our nation.